When I had Dillon in for his 3-1/2 year visit, I was asking the hygienist what the youngest age patient she ever had was. She said she had a 16-mo. old girl before who did really well, because she watched her older sister go first, and then wanted to get in the chair herself and do it. When she told me that, I knew Owen could do it, too, since his personality is MUCH more laid back and easy going than Dillon's. So I made him an appointment, and we went this morning. It went even better than I expected, I was so proud of our little guy! Not even 2 yet and he did so great. Maybe it's better that we start early, so when he really gets knee-deep into the terrible twos, he won't be so resistant. Anyhow, it was a really good experience!
First she counted his teeth (16 of them, total):

Then she used the "tooth tickler" (aka. toothbrush):

Then came the water and the suction:

Oooh, that tickles!!!

My new shiny chompers... CHEEEEEESE!!!!!!
2 comments:
Wow, he did much better than Madeline. I took her at 2 and she only made it through the teeth counting before she was too wiggly to go any further... Great job Owen!
This is awesome!!! Can't believe it! I'm taking Meadow when I go early May. Worried she might be hesitant after the whole stitches experience we had. She's pretty calm though. Maybe Owen can give her a pep talk before she goes.
Post a Comment