
After a nice dinner at Grandma Betty's, we loaded up into the van, and headed down to Perrysburg to visit with my dad's parents for a bit. I remember Christmases over there when I was young - there were so many people in the house, you could barely walk from room to room. Usually us kids just hung out in the back room and watched TV. This year, my parents and we were the only visitors they had on Christmas Day. I hope that what short bit we were able to visit was enough to lift their spirits, though - I'm sure seeing the boys, so FULL of energy and enthusiasm, made their day. And of course, we didn't leave empty handed - we left with about 10 lbs. of Christmas cookies - they make them every year, and this year did not disappoint! Sugar cookies, snickerdoodles, Russian tea cookies, French cookies, tarts (made just for Joe), fudge, we got it all... Makes me wish Christmas came around twice a year! Thank you, Grandma and Grandpa, we love you more than you know!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment