Saturday was the last day for the binky (or "bee" as Dillon calls it). I knew the time was coming when I'd have to do it, esp. after the doctor told me that by the time he comes in for his 2-yr. appt., he'd like him to not be using it anymore. The final straw was Saturday morning - Dillon came over to me (with his B in his mouth of course) and said, "Mummy!" I said, "Yes, baby?" and he said, "mmpha". I said, "what?" and he repeated his mumbled words. I said, "take that B out of your mouth, I can't understand you!" and he did, and said, "marker!" At that point I realized it was time to say farewell... So I took a few of the older ones and cut the tips off of them - a suggestion from my friend, Erin. Sure enough, after he plunked them in his mouth, he took it out, made a sour face, looked at it, and stuck his fingre in the hole of the nipple. He tried another one - still no good. Then he just kind of tossed them aside and didn't ask for them again.In a strange way it was hard for me to do - I think it was admitting that he's growing up too fast that was emotionally difficult to accept. I can't really explain it. Anyhow, here's a quick look back at D and his precious "bees":


Goodbye, Bees!!! We'll miss you all!!!
5 comments:
Good job, Kristy. It is time... I will miss his long, drawn out request for his "BEEEEEEEEEEE?!". Although I am sure to hear it again out of habit!!
Does this mean mom is gonna cut off my thumb?
Thanks, Julie - I know you will miss it. Now you can just hear "cars! cars!" more often...
And McKenna - you just never know, you better watch your back... :-)
Yea for Dillon!!!! Definitely time! Just curious though about one thing. How does he feel about O-dawg using them? Or is Owen pacifier free? Didn't know how that would work out?? I always wondered if older child would try to act like a baby again...pacifiers, diapers vs. potty, etc
Owen doesn't use them - we've tried many many times, but he just gags on them. I guess if he's okay without them, we won't push it!
Post a Comment