This Saturday, we were lucky enough to visit Cedar Point thanks to Honda. They rented out the entire park, just for Honda associates! It was an awesome time and definitely the only way to go. The longest wait for any of the rides we went on was about 35 minutes for the Maverick (the new roller coaster), and 30 minutes for the Jr. Gemini (yes - 30 minutes...). All of the others were 10 - 15 minutes, which was great, especially for the generous adults (thank you, Karen and Joe!) that waited with the kids while the adults went on the big rides.Grammy was gracious enough to stay home with Owen, so Dillon had a special day with Mommy and Daddy, and was able to ride a bunch of rides. His favorite was the bumper cars (which is the only one I don't have a picture of because I was riding the Millennium Force at the time...)
Here are a bunch of pictures you may or may not want to see - but I had to post them for the family...
Here is Dillon after we arrived to the park and are getting ready to go in. (Note the bottom lip...)
Dillon's first ride - the carousel on the white horse.
Here he is in some big monster truck (he was so small you could barely see his head over the steering wheel!) (note - bottom lip...)
Riding these I don't even know what they're called's with Kate - see anything familiar?
Race cars with Daddy... What's this, a smile?
First roller coaster ever - the Jr. Gemini!!! He's looking a little anxious as they're loading the cars...
Off they go - he's smiling so far! He did okay on it, too, no tears. Although they ran every train twice in a row (definitely added to the 30 minute wait time), and every time they came back from the first run, they would say, "Welcome back riders! Would you like to go again?" and of course (most) everyone would scream "YAY!!!!" Except for Dillon (and the boy in front of him, who actually got off), who said, "no!!!" But he went again anyway, and said he liked it afterward!
Charlie Brown cars with Daddy (Daddy got to go on all the rides with Dillon because he didn't do any big people coasters (except for Top Thrill Dragster at the very end). Dillon was definitely Daddy's boy that day!!!
In one of the souvenir shops, they had a little play area with fake rocks and Snoopy characters.



Sunday morning, we met our friends for breakfast and he scarfed down three pancakes and some other breakfast foods without a fight. Of course, after I tasted his (chocolate chip and whip cream) pancakes, I understood why!!!

I'd say he had a great time - wouldn't you???
2 comments:
Sorry that you missed the bumper cars because of me!
We had fun! Thanks, Joe for keeping an eye on the kids so the big kids could ride!
Marcy
Looks like a blast!! D is way braver than I was at his age, I think I was like 10 when I first went on the Jr. Gemini, and I was still scared. :)
I have no clue what the Maverick is, but I doubt it's anything I'd like -- and I def. won't go near the Millenium Force. Ya'll are crazy!!! :)
Post a Comment