Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter, everyone! Our day started out as many other families did. The boys ran in our room, and Dillon asked if the Easter bunny had hidden eggs for them to find. After Joe and I rolled out of bed, we went downstairs for our first annual Easter egg hunt. The boys are actually old enough to get it now, so it was rather cute to watch. Of course, when Owen found his 3rd egg, and Dillon was working on his 9th, Dillon got upset when Owen found one. Overall they did great, though, no fighting or screaming or anything like that.
After we got home from church, the Gilkerson's came over and spoiled the boys with more Easter baskets filled with goodies! And just for the record, the boys were dressed up so adorably, but trying to get a good picture of them is next to impossible! These were the best I could come up with...

While we waited for dinner to finish cooking, we went outside in our backyard to fly the boys' new kites! This was their first time flying them, and they really liked it. I was actually surprised at how well and long both of them held on to the handle. I thought for sure one of them would lose their grip, let go, and the kite would fly away to the other side of the world, ending the afternoon with tears and heartache. But it didn't - Dillon actually gave his to me and said, "I'm finished, Mom, can I go inside now?" I think he was just a smidge tired...
(The picture above is Owen and Uncle Andy on the left, and Joe on the right. Below is Uncle Andy helping Owen.)

No comments: