Monday, April 19, 2010

New Addition to the Family



Yesterday we stopped in to WalMart to pick up a few things I needed. Of course, one of them was stuff for the dog, in the same aisle as the fish. While I was looking at those things, the kids ran down to the end of the aisle to look at the fish. Would you believe they actually asked to get one? I couldn't either. Actually, what I couldn't believe, was that I said yes... I called my best friend to have her talk me out of it, and tell me how dirty fish are, and what a pain in the butt they are to take care of. I wanted her to tell me, "Don't do it! You'll regret it! They're a big waste of time!" Then I would have stood up to my kids and said NO. However, she instead said, "Oh no, the kids love our fish, I'm glad we have them! They're no trouble at all! You should get some!" Thanks, Krissy... ;-)

All joking aside, we came home with two Mollies and one catfish. My father later told me a rule of thumb is one fish per gallon of water. Our tank is one gallon. You do the math. Ooops - we'll see how they do!

Another upside to the kids loving them is now it gives our cat, Buddy, yet another reason to get up on the counter. He loves them!
(He got so excited, he fell off the counter!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well you now know you your kids do talk you into all kinds of things. However fish is actually one of the easiest to take care of. Their father had them numerous times as a child. Good luck. Grammy