Monday, March 26, 2007

7 Week-old in a 12-week body?

It's just crazy how big this little boy is...If his daddy keeps up the way he has been, Owen's going to have a complex when he gets older from being called "fat" all the time! We have been used to Dillon being so lean and skinny, this little chunk is quite the opposite! I can't wait to see what he weighs in a couple weeks for his 2-month appointment. He's got to be around 13 lbs. by now - he's already moved into the 3-6 month clothes! He was in size 2 diapers when he was only around 4 wks old, too.... Maybe we won't be off-season with Dillon's clothes, afterall!

His fussiness is starting to diminish, and I really think it's the milk I stopped drinking. I had a bowl of cereal yesterday morning as an experiment, and last night Mr. Hyde was back... He is sleeping better, too - usually at night he'll let me get 5 hours of sleep before his early morning breakfast, so that is helping a ton.

Dillon is doing well, too - he loves this warm weather we've been having. He'll go to the door and say, "Walk! Walk!" until you take him out and let him play outside for a little bit. He is so good at playing by himself and keeping himself entertained for quite a while, as long as he has his cars!!! Sorry no picture - I've been lacking about taking pictures lately...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried soy milk instead? That's what I use instead of regular milk. I don't drink glasses of it or anything, but for stuff like cereal it's just fine (get the vanilla kind.)

- aunt laura


P.S. Nothing wrong with fat babies. :)

Val said...

Ha ha! Meadow isn't chunky but she loves eating!!! We always call her "piggy", so she'll probably have a complex as well. Maybe she and Owen can start their own club :)