Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Owen's 1-yr. Dr. Appointment


Last Thursday was his 12-month well visit, and everything checked out great. He weighed in at 23 lb, 15 oz. (50%), measured 30" long (50%), and his head is 18" around (again, 50%). I told Joe he can't call him "fat kid" anymore because he's now "average". He's been pulling himself up on everything lately and cruising around, holding onto tables, chairs, walls, legs, whatever is available. He still uses the butt-scoot as his primary mode of transportation, but does occasionally crawl, too. Not too many words yet - mama, ba-ba (bottle), bu-beh (buddy bear the cat), bye, and occasionally "hi". He signs consistently for ba-ba, sometimes for all-done and more, and will wave bye-bye when prompted, too. For fun, he enjoys jumping up and down in his crib like a monkey wanting to be let out of a cage, and dancing to music. He'll bop his head to the side and bounce up and down, it's really cute. Actually, I believe I have a video:




One of these days I'll get him out to get his 1-year pictures taken, but I'm just waiting for an opportunity when he doesn't have a scratch on his cheek or a bruise on his forehead (he may be 2 by then!).

No comments: