Sunday, June 28, 2009

Cute Sayings

I should follow Jessi's advice and start to use a pickle jar to keep track of my boys' cute sayings, so I have them in the future. For now, this blog will have to do...

The other night, Joe and I were getting the boys ready for bed, and Dillon started talking about fires for some reason (I don't remember why it was in his head). He told me that if there was ever a fire in our house, it would burn up everything in it. If there was a fire, we only have time to get two things. I then asked him what those two things should be (expecting the answer to be, "Me and Owen!"). He looked at me and said, "your purse, and um, your car!" I thought, well, I supposed those would be two good things to take, good thinking!

The next day, we were on our way somewhere in the van. Dillon asked me why my top window doesn't open like in Daddy's car? After thinking about it, I realized he was thinking about the sunroof in Daddy's new (used) car. I told him that my van didn't have a sunroof like Daddy's car, so we couldn't open it. He then said, "Well maybe Daddy can use one of his saws and cut a hole in it, and we can put glass in it?" I told him we didn't have time that night to do that, but maybe some other day, that would be a good idea. He said, "Okay!" completely satisfied... (If any of you know Dillon, you know that he rarely says "okay" and is satisfied with an answer...

The last cute thing was when the boys were at my parents last night (Joe and I enjoyed a date night for once in a long time!). My mom gave the boys each a prune to eat, Owen took a bite and handed it back with a wrinkled face, and said, "Yuck! That's NASTY!" Dillon followed suit, handing his back and said, "Yeah - it's nasty, and it needs to be washed!" (It was sticky)

I'm sure these things are funnier in person, but I'm just entering them for posterity's sake...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading what other kids say, they are so cute and growing up so fast. Right now Nolan is just saying a few words and grunting.
Jaclyn