Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happy 4th Birthday, Dillon!!!


Oh what a ride this past 4 years has been... What a wild and crazy ride, indeed...

Dillon was born on July 9, 2005, and our lives have never been the same. The amount of knowledge and skills we have acquired is baffling. And just when we think we have things figured out, he moves onto another stage and we have to start all over!

I have to do a look back, because I just can't believe how quickly four years has gone...

July 2006, at Hilton Head - he wasn't walking yet, but loved the sand!

December 2006, he acquired some dance moves that were so humorous to watch!




July 2007, two years old... Two years started out as a challenge, partly because he had a little brother to contend with. I'm trying to remember Dillon at two - it was such a blur. Joe just reminded me, this is when the "Why?"s started. Oh my gosh, EVERYTHING - "WHY????" He started to challenge us on just about everything. We couldn't wait for him to turn three - surely it couldn't get any worse...July 2008, Three-Years Old... Oh boy, we thought two was a tough age - then he turned three... Three started out wonderfully - he listened, he cooperated, he played with his brother nicely. Then, 3-1/2 - "Strong Willed Child" came back into our vocabulary. Anyone who knows us knows what we're talking about. He loves to do things just like his Daddy, but it has to be "his" way. He likes to play in the dirt, play with cars, and collect things. Anything will do - it doesn't matter what, just collect them and store them all in bags, lunchboxes, buckets, and sometimes to Joe's dismay, purses. He has started showing an interest in golf, so that makes Daddy happy, too! This fall, he started preschool, anxious and scared, and ended as a more self confident child who is more willing to accept direction from others. I hope this isn't coming across too negative, he is a wonderfully sweet child who may not like to cuddle, but loves to be loved... I will always hold a special place in my heart for him, something about a first-born, I guess...
Because the above picture doesn't show Dillon's true 3YO personality, I found this one - you can see the devilishness in his eyes... :-)We have his 4-year pictures scheduled for tomorrow, so I can't post them yet, but here is a recent pic to show him at almost 4 years... We are looking forward to the "Wild and Wonderful" Fours, as they are referred to, and can't wait to see what life has in store for us this year!

Happy birthday, buddy - we love you!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, Grammy just viewed this and I have tears in my eyes. Oh how I love this first Grandchild! He has always been his own person, and I have always loved and appreciated him. He is bright, and so very intelligent even this young, and in his own way he loves to know he is loved. I love you Dillon with all my heart, and you have always brought me joy and I am so lucky to have you in my life, thank you Joe and Kristy. Grammy

Val said...

Wow! 4 years really??? Just doesn't seem possible. We think both boys are so much fun and always look forward to seeing them. Congratulations on two wonderful children.